Earlier this year we started using the Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard. We applied for this card a couple months ago when I was looking for a new travel rewards card that would earn me lots of points to redeem for free trips. This credit card has been great for my wife and I to accumulate lots of points for free flights and hotel nights. This is an awesome travel credit card that I recommend anyone interested in traveling for very cheap to have because you can redeem the points for free flights and hotels! This card is offering a huge welcome bonus of 40,000 points for first time customers which equals to $440 of free money to spend in hotels or flights. This is an offer that we should all take advantage of because its basically a gift of $440 dollars to redeem for travel. Since we’ve had this card for a couple months now, this is my review of The Barclaycard Arrival World Mastercard.
Annual Fee or No Annual Fee?
The Arrival World Mastercard comes in two options, one with the annual fee of $89 which is waived for the first year and one without the annual fee. Let me break down the difference between the two cards before you make any decision.
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard with No Annual Fee!
The Barclay Arrival World Matercard – No Annual Fee Card, issued by Barclaycard, is the travel rewards credit card for those who enjoy earning unlimited reward miles. New card members start off with bonus miles!
Earn More Miles. Earn 2X miles on travel and dining purchases and 1X miles on all other purchases. There are no mileage caps, so you can easily redeem for statement credits toward flights, cruises, car rentals, hotels, and more – with no seat restrictions and no blackout dates! What’s more, there are no foreign transaction fees, so you can save even more on your trips abroad. Redeem for travel and earn 10% of your miles back with exclusive Carry-on Miles.
Save on Interest for 12 Months. Enjoy 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After the intro period, the APR will be a variable rate of 14.99% or 18.99% depending on your creditworthiness.
The Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard – No Annual Fee Card is the carry-on to take with you. Get bonus miles, choose from a host of travel rewards, and experience 0% intro APR while you earn your way towards your next trip – all for no annual fee. Apply today for the The Barclay Arrival World Matercard – No Annual Fee Card.
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard with Annual Fee!
The Arrival card also comes with a little spicier version coupled with an annual fee. The current fee is $89, but that fee is being waived for the first year. With this card, you can earn 2x miles on every purchase you make. It doesn’t matter the category. You just get 2x the miles on each and every purchase.
The reward structure is the same as the Arrival World MasterCard with no annual fee, but the bonus offer is nice. Instead of 20,000 miles, the card with the annual fee gives you 40,000 bonus miles when you charge $1,000 in the first 90 days. That is equivalent to $400 worth of travel rewards.
If you are looking for a great travel rewards card, then I suggest you check out the Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard. You can choose either one with an annual fee or one without. That is all up to you. I like how this card is there to work for you and will give you the travel rewards that you want. There are so many good features with this card. Barclays also added some extra things to give you a piece of mind. There are no foreign transaction fees, no blackout dates, $200,000 worldwide travel accident insurance, trip cancellation coverage, and Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.
Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard — $89 Annual Fee Card
|0% on purchases for 12 months||14.99% — 18.99%* Variable||$89 – Waived first year|
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles if you make $1,000 or more in purchases in the first 90 days from account opening. 40,000 bonus miles equates to $400 off your next trip!
- 0% introductory APR on purchases for the first 12 months after account opening. After that, variable APR, currently 14.99% or 18.99%, based upon your creditworthiness.
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- No mileage caps or foreign transaction fees
- Get 10% miles back when you redeem for travel (i.e. redeem 25,000 miles for travel and get 2,500 miles back)
- Use miles for a statement credit toward any airline purchase to any destination with no seat restrictions and no blackout dates
- Easily redeem your miles for statement credits toward flights, cruises, car rentals, hotels and more
- Complimentary subscription to TripIt Pro mobile travel organizer — a $49 annual value!
- Complimentary FICO® Scores as a benefit to active cardmembers. Opt-in to have instant and convenient access to FICO® Scores from your Barclaycard online account.